ESET File Security

Scott B. Anderson sbanderson at impromed.com
Fri Sep 26 14:16:37 IST 2014

That is a very good question.  I had always assumed that the update script from MailScanner was doing the updates, apparently this isn't the case,  esets_daemon is doing it by itself before MailScanner's does, and I doubt that is a bad thing.   If you check your esets.cfg  file, you will see an option av_update_period and the default is 60 minutes.  So I don't think MailScanner's update script is doing much for updating, but it does ensure that it knows ESET is up to date, so that should be just fine.

Scott

Rely On Us.
ImproMed LLC