ESET File Security

Scott B. Anderson sbanderson at impromed.com
Tue Sep 23 14:44:18 IST 2014

I have been running ESET's file security (and Clamav) for linux on my MailScanner installations on both Centos and Ubuntu for at least 5 years. Other than having to change path info for the command line scan it has worked flawlessly.  It always detects malware as expected and doesn't crush an old system the way clamav can.  (clamd runs for a couple of weeks then dies on me, clamav just works, if slow.)

OFF Topic: I also run ESET for endpoint protection on over 200 phys and virtual windoze boxes, and the business products have been rock solid and the update server system they sell works great also.  Main drawback - it is definitely NOT cheap, was 2nd in cost to Kaspersky when I did my last ROI 3 years ago.

Scott Anderson

Rely On Us.
ImproMed LLC