Antivirus performance, AVG

Paul Welsh paul at welshfamily.com
Sun Sep 21 22:07:59 IST 2014

Hi Michael

Thanks for the info about AVG you provided back in May.

I didn't get any luck with this.  When I run avg with f-prot6 or clamd it
appears to work.  I get this in maillog:
Clamd::INFECTED::Eicar-Test-Signature
Avg: Virus identified EICAR_Test; deleted in msg-9254-1.txt

and I get this in the attachment-warning.txt in the received message:
Clamd: msg-9254-1.txt was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature
Avg: Found virus deleted in file msg-9254-1.txt

So looks promising.

However, if I use AVG on its own I see this in the log:
Avg: Virus identified EICAR_Test; deleted in msg-12519-1.txt
Virus Scanning: Avg found 1 infections
Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses
Delivery of nonspam

The message is delivered intact.

To test I'm including the eicar text in the body of a message.  Using
MailScanner 4.84.5.