Antivirus performance, AVG

Michael Huntley michael at huntley.net
Fri May 23 07:00:28 IST 2014

I got AVG to work.

I changed this line in virus.scanners.conf:
avg             /usr/lib/MailScanner/avg-wrapper        /opt/avg/av

Save a copy just-in-case someone blows the dust off this project and
releases an update......

Then I edited the wrapper:
/usr/lib/MailScanner/avg-wrapper:

#Add the t option to delete infected object.  MailScanner doesn't remove
it otherwise...
#probably a code issue.  Don't care, throw the beastie away.
ScanOptions="-at"
PackageDir=$1
shift
Prog=avgscan

if [ "x$1" = "x-IsItInstalled" ]; then
   [ -x ${PackageDir}/bin/$Prog ] && exit 0
   exit 1
fi

# Force output into English
LANG=EN
export LANG
# update AVGs library reference

#Needed For Proper Use Of New AVG
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/avg/av/lib
export AVGINSTDIR=/opt/avg/av
export HOME=/opt/avg/av

exec $PackageDir/bin/$Prog $ScanOptions "$@" 2>&1
exit 1

Save a backup of the wrapper in case (highly UNLIKELY at this time)
MailScanner has an update.  HA!

Cheers!

mph