State of cdn.mailscanner.info?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:27:04 IST 2014

Hi guys!

I wounder if anyone has a clue as to the state of cdn.mailscanner.info, or
rather the host the C-name points to...?

# host cdn.mailscanner.info
cdn.mailscanner.info is an alias for
wwwmailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com.
Host wwwmailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host wwwmailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
# host www.mailscanner.eu
www.mailscanner.eu has address 78.153.201.155
# host www.mailscanner.tv
www.mailscanner.tv is an alias for jules.mailscanner.info.
jules.mailscanner.info has address 78.153.201.155
#

With some guesswork, the actual information (phishing etc updates) is from
www.mailscanner.eu anyway, so I've of course changed to use that.
the problem with cdn.mailscnner.info is that, as I'm sure many of you do,
the web bug replacement default is to
http://cdn.mailscanner.info/1x1spacer.gif ... For the new ones replaced,
all is dandy, but for the already received and stored emails... Well, i
noticed the bad state of the site, since I got complaints from users that
printing HTML-emails where the web bug had been replaced with the above
crashed their OutLook (OL2013... Great Stuff M$!:-).

I suppose I could futz this in my local DNS, but I'd rather not have to:-).

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn