Mailscanner loops stops processing emails.

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Tue May 20 12:33:01 IST 2014

Hi Martin,

Thanks, but that doesn’t work for me.
I changed the Processing attemtps to 0 and now I see clamd timing out and crashing in the logs.

Lots of this -
MailScanner[66580]: Virus Scanning: No virus scanners worked, so message batch was abandoned and re-tried!

Lots of this –
MailScanner[71612]: Cannot find Socket (/var/run/clamav/clamd) Exiting!

My socket does match mailscanner..

But now all the emails seem to be processing and obviously now not being quarantined my mailscanner.

I’m debugging clamd but I can’t find anything obvious in the logs. I’ve opened a thread with the clamd list.

Here’s some of my clamconf –n -

LogFile = "/var/log/clamav/clamd.log"
LogFileMaxSize = "104857600"
LogTime = "yes"
LogVerbose = "yes"
PidFile = "/var/run/clamav/clamd.pid"
TemporaryDirectory = "/tmp"
LocalSocket = "/var/run/clamav/clamd"
MaxConnectionQueueLength = "30"
MaxThreads = "50"
ReadTimeout = "300"
CommandReadTimeout = "7"
MaxQueue = "300"
Debug = "yes"
User = "clamav"
AllowSupplementaryGroups = "yes"
StructuredMinCreditCardCount = "5"
StructuredMinSSNCount = "5"
MaxRecursion = "20"

Here’s my mailscanner processing timeouts –

Max Unscanned Bytes Per Scan = 100m
Max Unsafe Bytes Per Scan = 50m
Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 30
Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 30

I’m wondering if there is something here I need to change. Any advice would obviously be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Rich