Mailscanner loops stops processing emails.

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Tue May 20 10:43:35 IST 2014

Hi,

I'm having problems with mailscanner where I see the error like - Quarantined message s4K962Jg091731 as it caused MailScanner to crash several times

Here's my debug -

mailscanner --debug

In Debugging mode, not forking...
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Building a message batch to scan...
Have a batch of 30 messages.
Can't call method "CombineReports" on unblessed reference at /usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 736.

I cannot see any problems with permissions, but I will be glad to share them with the list. Just let me know what you want to look at.

The only thing that seems to fix this is deleting the Processing.db file for mailscanner, then restarting mailscanner. If I have a large queue then it just happens again and I start seeing "Making attempt 2 at processing message s4K9YVUO015387" etc etc.

Does anyone else see this problem or is it just me?

MailScanner-4.84.6
sendmail-8.14.5
clamav-0.98.1_1
FreebSD 8.2-RELEASE