Sophos SAVDI interface

Eric Yiu eric.yiu at pacific.net.hk
Fri Mar 7 01:23:40 GMT 2014

Hi,

No need.  You can update your savupd.sh to change from
linux.intel.libc6.glibc.2.2.tar.Z to linux.amd64.glibc.2.3.tar.Z,
and a few other platform specification in savupd.sh to download
the 64bit version, ie
http://downloads.sophos.com/dp/full/linux.amd64.glibc.2.3.tar.Z
and the perl savi will be able to compile.

But this new of sophos v4 lib (both 32 or 64bit version) have a bug
of non-stop when it is fork from child.  So you need to fine tune
SweepViruses.pm that kill itself  and need to add "kill 15, $$" after
calling "SophosSAVI($subdir, $disinfect);"

I contacted Sophos before and new version of Sophos lib of the
bug free may be out at next quarter.

Eric

Stef Morrell: