Bad phishing site update script problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 4 02:26:47 GMT 2014

On 03/03/2014 05:57 PM, David Lee wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is anybody else seeing problems with updates of the
> 'phishing.bad.sites.conf' file?
> When I try to run the update script, I see the following:

> I am working with: Current: 2014-092 - 99 and Status: -1 - 0
> This is base update
> Unable to retrieve http://cdn.mailscanner.info/.2014-092 :404 Not Found

I see it too and also with ScamNailer. The issue is you have the latest
(patched) version of /usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_sites and it tries to
guess the latest update if the txt record at
emails.msupdate.greylist.bastionmail.com is missing or out of date. The
record is still emails.2014-091.13 which is yesterday. There is no
record or data (yet?) for today. This may or may not resolve when some
server somewhere wakes up, comes back online or whatever the problem is.