Score on attachments

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:08:53 IST 2014

Are you setting mailscanner.conf so every email gets its spam scores in the
header? Could be somethings missfiring like autowhitelisting (which i
always disable anyway)

Make sure following are set so youll get that in the headers

Detailed Spam Report = yes

Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes

Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

On Friday, 27 June 2014, Paul A Sand <pas at unh.edu> wrote:

> * Max Kipness <max at inmindlabs.com <javascript:;>> [2014-06-27 12:35]:
> > MailScanner is indeed blocking the SCR and sending a report about the
> > attachment. The problem is, this email was a spam message, it's score
> > was 3.7(bayes 999 only) so it still got through (but with the SCR
> > stripped).
> >
> > So I'm looking to add a score on the SCR, adding 1.0. In reality you
> > could add 20.0 for SCR because I don't ever see a legitimate need to
> > send these. If I had an extra score to add to the bayes 999 it would not
> > have gotten through.
> >
> > Or better yet, how about adding a score on (Filename?) attachment
> > warning? That would probably be best. Add 1.0 score to any of those.
>
> Sorry for misunderstanding. How about adapting the scheme here
> (which adds a score on zip file attachment) :
>
> http://jrs-s.net/2013/06/14/block-common-trojans-in-spamassassin/
>
> I haven’t tried this myself.
>
> --
> -- Paul A Sand <pas at unh.edu <javascript:;>>
> -- Information Technology / University of New Hampshire
> -- http://pubpages.unh.edu/~pas
> -- Contents may have settled during shipment.

Martin Hepworth, CISSP
Oxford, UK