2 fold question

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Thu Jun 19 20:30:02 IST 2014

- A spamd failure failure results in email not being scanned for spam as I just fixed this on a client’s servers. Nothing was getting marked as spam and it turns out that spamd was not even running on his system. Email was still being processed and delivered by MailScanner. OF course, I have also seen systems continue to retry over and over again when the socket isn’t available.

- spamd is faster because it doesn’t have to spin up every time. There is a big difference on a server processing 300k emails a day.

- I have never seen memory leaks with spamd. It is a rather solid product.

- If your server is using all of its memory, it is supposed to. That is what linux does. It is normal behavior.

-
Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com