Difference in MailScanner behaviour between Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and 12.04 LTS

Mon Jun 16 20:43:15 IST 2014

Thank you for your suggestion.

The MailScanner running on 12.04 LTS doesn't seem to need the -U for the
notifications to work, but it may need it for other things to work, so I
guess it's best to add it in there as well.

Adding -U on the MailScanner running on 10.04 LTS does make both
installs behave the same, so that seems like good news. However...

On second thought, the behaviour now displayed by both installs seems
faulty as well, looking at these comments in the configuration file:

Notify Senders = no

[...]

# *If* "Notify Senders" is set to yes, do you want to notify people
# who sent you messages [...]
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes

Summing this all up would mean that even though the second option is set
to yes, the notification shouldn't be send at all, since Notify Senders
is set to no.
I'll have a look at the bug tracker to see if this is a known issue.

Can you (or anyone else) shed some light on my second question?:

The option called "Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes"
doesn't send a notification to the sender. It sends the notification to
the _receiver_ of the message.

If this is expected, shouldn't those options actually be called 'Notify
Recipient *'? Am I interpreting this option the wrong way?

Thanks,
- Martijn