Failed update_bad_phishing_sites

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 6 20:53:01 IST 2014

On 06/06/2014 12:08 PM, Bryan Laurila wrote:
> What is the “webbug replacement thing” you speak of?  I am not familiar
> with that.

A web bug is an 'invisible' 1x1 pixel image put into an HTML message
with a src= URL which is encoded with information that tells the sender
of the message which recipient of the message has opened it when the
recipient's MUA  attempts to retrieve the image.

As part of disarming HTML message parts, MailScanner replaces the src=
URL with one defined in the config by Web Bug Replacement. The default
config for this is

Web Bug Replacement = http://cdn.mailscanner.info/1x1spacer.gif

That URL currently doesn't work. I think the easiest thing to do is what
I've done which is create the file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/web_bug
containing the line

Web Bug Replacement = http://www.mailscanner.eu/1x1spacer.gif