Bounces from Yahoo

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Wed Dec 3 18:50:09 GMT 2014

It's worth a shot I guess.

I don't use Baruwa - that was just where we found a similar symptom reported.  Rick noted that there was a similar issue for exim from 2009.  Baruwa uses exim IIRC so maybe it was a lingering bug that Julian fixed part of and the other part was more subtle?

I run a pretty much plain vanilla MailScanner, with MailWatch.  I tried Baruwa but had issues getting it running (which I now forget) and didn't really want to learn exim so I cut my losses and bailed on that.

Some of my users have a bad habit of using their company email for personal stuff (institutionally we don't really care) but may try forwarding stuff so this gives me pause:
# So if some of your users forward mail from PayPal, Ebay or Yahoo! to
# accounts stored on Gmail or Googlemail, then you need to set this to "yes"
# and "Multiple Headers = add" to avoid breaking the DKIM signature.

On the other hand, if it is personal stuff I don't have any particular obligation to make it work.  There may be times though that they need to forward business related mail.  I guess we'll see.

I'll apply these changes and see what happens.

#mkm Multiple Headers = add
Multiple Headers = append

#mkm Place New Headers At Top Of Message = yes
Place New Headers At Top Of Message = no

Unfortunately, we can't duplicate the problem at will.  It just happens sometimes...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.