Upgrading spamassassin

Tracy Greggs mailscanner-list at okla.com
Tue Aug 19 20:53:33 IST 2014

This is one of those things where I gave up on the repo's quite some time
ago and install from source.

Centos 5.x and 6.x

Source installs the binary in /usr/local/bin/ so you might need a symlink
for /usr/bin/spamassassin if you are using Mailwatch or you might need to
edit your MailWatch conf.php for the location of SA.

It is a pretty quick install and I personally have had no issues with
installing from source.  Agreed not as easy as yum update spamassassin but
it has been totally painless anyway.

Best of luck,

Tracy