Upgrading spamassassin

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Aug 19 19:55:02 IST 2014

Historically I've used Jules' prepackaged spamassassin tarballs to install/upgrade.  Those seem to have fallen by the wayside now however.  I'm on spamassassin 3.3.1.  What's the best way to get current?

The OS varies by email host:
	centOS 5.10
	centOS 6.5
	SLES 10.4 & 11.2

Any caveats to just downloading from spamassassin.org and installing?  RPMs are so much more convenient, but they seem to be stagnant an awful lot of the time.  My test server has both epel and rpmforge repos added but they're "stale" as well.

TIA...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.