Need Web Developer Volunteer for MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:34:04 IST 2014

Hello Jerry,

I stumbled over this when going through my ... backlog... of emails, hence
the late reply:-)

I see that so far there has been little (or even no) change to the official
MailScanner site, which is kind of unfortunate... things like there still
being a download for ClamAV 0.96.5 (in the clam+sa package), which is newly
desupported entirely, make the project look like abandonware...
So my question is simply: Did you ever get a volunteer? Is an update
imminent?
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to donate ATM (and would most
certainly fail the prerequisite of answering in a timely fashion:-), but
perhaps someone else is ... less preoccupied:-)

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn

On 15 June 2014 21:00, Jerry Benton <jerry.benton at mailborder.com> wrote:

> I have had revamping the MailScanner website on the back burner for a
> while. If someone is willing, we need a basic template using Bootstrap 3
> and jQuery. The current MailScanner site is static HTML, and we are going
> to leave it that way for now. For the foreseeable future we are going to
> use resources on Github for collaboration, so www.mailscanner.info will
> mostly be informational with download links, etc.
>
> Example base template:
> http://getbootstrap.com/examples/navbar-fixed-top/
>
> Components
> - Fixed navbar (like the example page)
> - Sticky footer
> - Scroll to top (bottom right)
>
> Theme
> - Grey, white, some yellow.
> - I have the images (eps, etc.), which Jules wants me to keep private.
> Just use placeholders until deployment.
>
> Content
> - Main page:
> — general description, etc.
> — a block for Jules’ online shop items
> — Quick links for install, guides
> — News Release
>
> - Documentation page (mostly links)
>
> - Support (see current site)
>
> - Other items you might think relevant
>

> If I can get a volunteer, that would be great. However, if you volunteer I
> ask that you be timely and responsive.
>
> -
> Jerry Benton
> www.mailborder.com