Whitelisting an email sender and/or files

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Tue Apr 22 13:28:30 IST 2014

On Tuesday 22 April 2014 at 12:33, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:

> Am 22.04.14 11:42, schrieb Antony Stone:
> > On Tuesday 22 April 2014 at 09:55, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I whitelisted the servers IP
> >
> > What configuration parameter did you set to whitelist the IP?
>
> /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules
>
> From:           172.17.20.58    yes

So, that defines what to do if the mail gets identified as spam.

Blocked filenames are not the same as spam.

> > Make sure you're setting the rule for "filename extensions" when
> > whitelisting the address.
>
> hmm .. where/how do I set that?

/etc/MailScanner/rules/filename.rules.conf

Regards,

Antony.

--
You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral

 - Frank Skinner

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.