SOLVED: Re: MailScanner is processing queue every 300 seconds.

Armando Montiel armando.montiel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 13:20:29 GMT 2013

Hi,

Thank you Martin.

You have pointed me to the right direction, but I would like to share why I
never think in this value before:

My "Delivery Method" was in "queue", so I was mind blocked about not change
this parameter. I was convinced that this value have no relationship with
my "batch" behavior.
Another value hat was necessary to change was not in MailScanner but
master.cf in Postfix:

cleanup, flush, pickup and qmgr values was setup to "unix", but the new
delivery method was unable to handle. I need to change qmgr value to "fifo"
in order to get this working.

Now I have delays with less than 20 seconds, which is pretty good, but I
dont know already if this will handle my users the next monday.

I will investigate which "fifo|unix" values have better performance under
Postfix and a heavy imap usage under Cyrus-imapd.

Thank you again.