MailScanner is processing queue every 300 seconds.

Armando Montiel armando.montiel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:16:10 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am using a mail server solution where MailScanner is used with postfix +
cyrus-imapd.

Any clue about why this combination of software spends 300 seconds (5
minutes) to process and deliver email?

This is like my server take a look in the queue and process this in a batch
way, not individually.

The best time I get in this scenario is when a email is received in the
queue 15 or 20 seconds before the last processing cycle of 5 minutes has
been performed.

Sometime in the past this didn't happened but I am lost looking for a
possible reason.

Which MailScanner variables could make this effect?

Thank you.