Mailscanner / Sophos does not block viruses

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Mon Nov 11 09:54:08 GMT 2013

On Monday 11 November 2013 at 10:01:23, ci at holmco.de wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 08:06:47AM -0800 you wrote:
> > Current version is 4.84.6. 4.79.11 is almost 4 years old. There's
> > nothing specific about this issue at
> > <http://www.mailscanner.info/ChangeLog>, but upgrading may help.
>
> It's the latest stable version for Debian (as linked from
> mailscanner.info). Debian is the distribution we use for our mail
> server. I hope that critical updates have been backported to the
> Debian package.

According to http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mailscanner there is
no mailscanner package for the current Debian stable release (wheezy).

Version 4.79.11 is for Oldstable (squeeze), and is therefore not only an old
version of Mailscanner, but also for an old version of Debian.

The Debian package maintainer appears to be simon.walter at hp-factory.de - you
might want to ask him about plans for a release for Debian stable, and/or
whether critical updates get backported.

Regards,

Antony.

--
There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.

 - Billy Connolly

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.