New process for every day the machine has been running

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sun Nov 10 17:28:48 GMT 2013

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 11/09/2013 02:55 PM, Ken Smith wrote:
>
>> {snip}.
>>

> Have you looked in /var/log/cron for what runs at the time these start
> or for crond pids just a small bit less than those of the new processes?

I'm on the trail now. I backup the Cyrus files in a daily cron that
stops MailScanner first then shuts Cyrus down, does the backup and
starts them up again.

The command "service MailScanner stop" does not stop the incoming
sendmail processes completely.

I'm looking through the script in init.d

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.