bad phishing sites/Scamnailer updates missing?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 8 23:25:23 GMT 2013

On 11/08/2013 01:33 PM, Gottschalk, David wrote:

> Unable to retrieve http://www.mailscanner.tv/emails..2013-445 :404 Not Found
> Can someone help me figure this out? It seems mailscanner.tv doesn't host this file anymore, but the script doesn't have anywhere else to look.

The current ScamNailer version is 2.10. Apparently the web site at
<http://www.scamnailer.info/> got rolled back at some point and shows
2.09, but this is out of date.

Line 140 in version 2.10 is

  my $urlbase = "http://cdn.mailscanner.info/emails.";

This also works

  my $urlbase = "http://www.mailscanner.eu/emails.";

The only change from 2.09 to 2.10 is the replacement of
www.mailscanner.tv with cdn.mailscanner.info, but 2.10 was released over
a year and a half ago. with this change.

The <http://www.scamnailer.info/> web site needs to be fixed.

Also, I just checked and <http://www.mailscanner.info/> appears to have
been rolled back too. These need to be fixed.