exim/Mailscanner + postfix/dspam header checks

Manel Gimeno Zaragozá magiza83 at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 10:45:06 IST 2013

Hello,

I've a Mailscanner setup with exim and I would like to add dspam. So I though it could be a good idea to have a pre MTA (postfix+dspam) to analize mails and the relay to exim+Mailscanner+spamassasin.

I'm not sure If what I've done is not correct or not efficent but I'm used to use dspam and I would like to used. I've seen that spamassasin has bayesian support, but I'm not sure about its performace and accuracy.

Anyway, my problem is that I've configured the following spamassasin rules in mailscanner.cf

header          DSPAM_HEADER    X-DSPAM-Result =~ /Spam/i
score           DSPAM_HEADER    10
describe        DSPAM_HEADER    DSPAM lo marca como SPAM

header          FROM_HEADER    From =~ /mgimeno/i
score           FROM_HEADER    20
describe        FROM_HEADER    message from mgimeno

in order to mark as SPAM the mails that DSPAM has defined as Spam, but it's not working. I think the problem comes from that headers of messages comming from postfix are not analize, but If i connect directly to exim, it works.

Could you please guide me?

Anyway, I'm using exim/mailscanner because I want baruwa2 web support.

Thanks
Manel