Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Wed May 22 19:55:36 IST 2013

On Wednesday 22 May 2013 at 10:20:51, Martin Hepworth wrote:

> 1) nope, email addresses are not case sensitive.

Not entirely true...

From http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321#section-4.1.2

> Local-part     = Dot-string / Quoted-string
>                  ; MAY be case-sensitive

Which means the part before the @ sign can be case-sensitive, and it's only
the authoritative mail server for the domain which can decide whether there's
a difference between j.smith and J.Smith.

Not often important, I know, but can catch you out when you're not expecting
it :)

Regards,

Antony.

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

 - Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM