Single email, multiple Spamassassin attempls

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Fri May 17 20:08:35 IST 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Jerry Benton
<jerry.benton at mailborder.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> There are three primary things I check for when dealing with this problem:
>
> 1. Selinux. You know the drill for this one.
> 2. MailScanner Run As and directory ownership and permissions.
> 3. Making sure you add the -U option to MailScanner for the newer versions
> of perl.
>
> sed -i 's:#!/usr/bin/perl -I:#!/usr/bin/perl -U -I:g' /usr/sbin/MailScanner
>

> Jerry Benton

Jerry,

I really believe selinux not an issue in this case.

/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf: Run As User =
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf:Run As Group =
/etc/MailScanner/conf.d/CNM-MailScanner.conf:Run As User = postfix
/etc/MailScanner/conf.d/CNM-MailScanner.conf:Run As Group = postfix

I have seen you advise the -U many times in this discussion group.
I have always been hesitant to allow unsafe operations, favouring
fixing them if possible.

I do see something is changing group of /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming to:
 drwxrwxr-x 9 postfix clamav 4096 May 17 12:50 /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/

I have tried to change it to postfix postfix but it changes back to as above.
(To change I stop postfix, MailScanner, and clamd; make changes; start all)

Worse, I think, is I see this:
drwxr-x--- 2 postfix clamav    4096 May 17 12:45
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/17603/
drwxr-x--- 2 postfix clamav    4096 May 17 12:47
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/17637/
drwxr-x--- 2 postfix clamav    4096 May 17 12:50
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/17661/

Are you aware of any unsafe perl code that is involved in this
situation that if allowed to run would fix this problem?

Kind Regards

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator