Multi Depth Rules

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Tue May 7 22:58:38 IST 2013

I am creating the structure for "Scan Messages" and am wondering if anyone
has tested this. I am using the MailScanner file name rules structure as a
basis, which looks like this:

---
*Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/frules/filename.rules:*
FromOrTo: domain.com /etc/MailScanner/frules/domain.com.fn.conf

When you look at the contents domain.com.fn.conf, it contains the rules for
that domain. This setup does work.
---

So, what I am looking to do now is the same thing for "Scan Messages".

---
*Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules*
FromOrTo:  domain.com  /etc/MailScanner/scan/domain.com.scan.conf

*domain.com.scan.conf*
From: pain.customer.com   no
FromOrTo: default yes
---

Has anyone tested this? It is basically a structure 2 levels deep instead
of 1.

Jerry Benton
Mailborder Systems
www.mailborder.com