can "Ignore Spam Whitelist If Recipients Exceed" be a ruleset?

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon May 6 18:11:51 IST 2013

Alex,

I'd considered doing just that, only I would run --lint to see what it
said before "reloading" MS. There are times, though, when MS will reload
itself, so I was hesitant due to breaking one of the servers here. Both
are very busy servers.

I'd also thought long and hard before submitting the question. In some
ways, it doesn't make sense to have a ruleset for this parameter, since
the situation that came up involved a message with 75 recipients, and
only one of them was for my domains. I don't get many messages with that
many recipients usually, so the default of 20 usually worked.

The emails involved have the sender's address in my whitelist file. It's
listed in the blacklist file as "no" with the following entry being the
entire domain listed as "yes". I'm finding that there's a mysterious
situation where these blacklisted emails get database corruption at
times, and that's the real reason I'm trying to avoid the threshold. It
seems that some of these emails end up with a database "date/time"
that's about one month after the time it's really received. It appears
that I do not have the ability to release them from quarantine through
Mailwatch either because the portion of the web page at the bottom where
I would release them is missing.

By all rights, it should honor the blacklist entry for the specific
sender, which is set to "no", but it completely disregards this once the
threshold has been broken and blacklists the email anyway. I have a
feeling that it's just the result of so many different parameters
catching the email in ways I'm not considering.

Thanks for the reply.

steve