Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:20:59 GMT 2013

Martin,

I had done that. There are some "errors"; part related to the fact the
local conf file is not loaded.

The first error is
ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
ERROR: is not correct, it should match
X-unconfigured-debian-site-MailScanner-From
and it is because the /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/CNM-MailScanner.conf file
sets
envelope_sender_header X-CNM-MailScanner-From

The second error/warning is
config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
"/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf": use_auto_whitelist 0
SpamAssassin reported an error.
which I have never been able to understand, but is there because I want the
whitelist off. Also
I assume the "SpamAssassin reported an error" refers to the line above it.

The result of the run is below.

# MailScanner -debug --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/CNM-MailScanner.conf
Read 869 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 5414 hostnames from the phishing blacklists

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.84.5) is correct.

ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
ERROR: is not correct, it should match
X-unconfigured-debian-site-MailScanner-From

MailScanner setting GID to  (117)
MailScanner setting UID to  (108)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
"/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf": use_auto_whitelist 0
SpamAssassin reported an error.
I have found clamd scanners installed, and will use them all by default.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED::Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 2 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses
Virus Scanner test reports:
Clamd said "eicar.com was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature"

If any of your virus scanners (clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.