Visible code in emails tagged as dis-armed

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 21:16:47 IST 2013

A google of the following code will show it is found in a lot of email
as visible code.

var WAX = function () { var _arrInputs;
window.addEventListener('waxSetArr', function(evt)
{_arrInputs=evt.detail;}); return { getElement: function (i) { return
_arrInputs[i]; } } }(); function waxGetElement(i) { return
WAX.getElement(i); }

In all cases where it has been reported to our service desk it occurs
in email in which the Subject line of the email has the MailScanner
generated tag of "{Disarmed} ".

Before this recent situation I have never before seen any code become
visible in HTML email which was disarmed by MailScanner.

Any idea if it is intentionally visible of if it is the side effect of
a MailScanner bug while processing the web bug?

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator