MailScanner Development

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 13:19:49 IST 2013

On 31 May 2013 16:48, Quintin Giesbrecht <q at snj.ca> wrote:
> Just curious…
>

> We’ve been using MailScanner for a long time (I have used it at 2 different
> employers for more than 10 years).
>

> At my latest firm, where I have been for 8 years, we took a break for about
> a year and a half, and tried out a commercial appliance – it was HORRIBLE.
>

> In any case, we are back, and fully enjoying MailScanner again J
>

> I do have a question though, that I have searched for, and haven’t found an
> answer to so far.  I believe that at one time, new versions of MS came out
> almost monthly (correct me if I am wrong), and I notice that the latest
> version available is from November of last year.  Is development still
> continuing?  I hope so J

Hello Quintin,

AFAIU, Jules has more or less passed this on to some members of this
list (among others the Baruwa originator), and most (if not all)
development is tracked on github these days... Search the list for
github references and you'll see:-).

BTW you don't remember wrong... It used to be a stable release every
month, then bimonthly... and now almost never:-):-).
It might reflect a couple of different things... That the product has
stabilised nicely, that email threats are on a decline (well:-) etc.
Major factor is probably that Jules isn't so directly involved any more.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn

> Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I just couldn’t find it…
>

> Thanks!

> Quintin Giesbrecht
>
> Smith Neufeld Jodoin LLP
>
> IT Manager
>
> q at snj.ca
>
> (204)346-5106

> This communication, including its attachments, if any, is confidential and
> intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain
> proprietary and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, disclosure,
> copying, other distribution of this communication or taking of any action in
> reliance on its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> message in error, please notify us immediately so that we may amend our
> records. Then, please delete this message, and its attachments, if any,
> without reading, copying or forwarding it to anyone.

-- Glenn