No subject

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 01:42:32 IST 2013

It seems you're right.

~$ host -t TXT msupdate.greylist.bastionmail.com
Host msupdate.greylist.bastionmail.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I've seen someone in archives recently mention emails.msupdate   (when
did that change?)
However I suspect it is just cname because

~$ host -t TXT emails.msupdate.greylist.bastionmail.com
Host emails.msupdate.greylist.bastionmail.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Which brings me to question, we found sometime ago, it was more stable
to use our old version of mailscanner (about 2 years old)  it uses the
older msupdate, not emails.msupdate, and cdn now points to /emails
but old method worked until the weekend, is that just an alias, or
should we modify the script to point to
emails.msupdate.greylist.bastionmail.com  and cdn /emails, or does it
make no difference?

Either way, as Jeff said, it is all broken at this time, and it seems
last timestamp on file was from early June, so is this even updating
at all anymore since Julian has stepped away from the project?

Nikki
------
Gang,

The script MailScanner/bin/update_bad_phishing_sites has been spitting
up errors all weekend:

(57)> ./update_bad_phishing_sites
Reading status from /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/status
Checking that /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache/2013-164
exists... ok
Checking that /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache/2013-164.52
exists... ok
Failed to retrieve valid current details