Whitelisting issue

Max Kipness max at inmindlabs.com
Thu Jul 25 20:06:40 IST 2013

Hello,

I  seem to be having an issue with whitelisting in MailScanner. I've
checked previous posts  and the only thing I can think of is that I
don't have the correct address whitelisted. For the most part what is in
my extensive whitelist file actually gets whitelisted, but some do not.

On a previous post I saw it mentioned that MailScanner uses the envelope
sender to compare to the whitelist. When opening the Sendmail QF file,
is that not the address on the S line?

In my latest example, I have in my whitelist file From: user at domain.com
yes and I checked the qf file in the quarantine and the S line has the
exact email address. Further, I can find no reference in the qf file to
any other address on that domain.

Does anyone know what might be happening here? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Max