Getting mailscanner into Fedora

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 12 10:38:39 IST 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013, Christopher Meng wrote:

> I don't know the deps' status in EPEL6.
>
> I'll try building it on Fedora first, IMO the shipped perl modules in
> the ms install RPM are too old. Fedora includes newer version of
> nearly each of them.

I believe RHEL/CentOS or EPEL already contain all the dependencies for the
mailscanner rpm (as shipped from mailscanner.info) so you probably just
need to provide the mailscanner rpm. I imagine Fedora is the same.

As others have said I don't think Fedora is a good platform to use
mailscanner on in production, though it is probably okay as a testbed (it
might for example be useful for working out what issues RHEL/CentOS 7
might have with mailscanner).

 	Michael Young