Whitelisting problems

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Jan 7 14:54:14 GMT 2013

Gary,

This rule is wrong:
header    FROM_BLACKBERRY       From =~ /\.*\.us\.blackberry\.com/

It should read:
header    FROM_BLACKBERRY       From =~ /\.us\.blackberry\.com/

Rethinking about your rule, I'm not so sure anymore it was wrong because the part I removed \.* would match any number of periods, from zero to infinity. I'm pretty sure you don't have to match the complete from, but if you wanted to you would rewrite your rule this way:
header    FROM_BLACKBERRY       From =~ /.*\.us\.blackberry\.com/

Denis