Whitelisting problems

Gary Faith gafaith at asdm.net
Fri Jan 4 14:49:26 GMT 2013

I am attempting to whitelist e-mail from blackberry servers but not
having any success.  Since I read that MailScanner bases the whtelist on
the envelope, here is the envelope (I changed the e-mail address):

EHLO smtp02.bis6.us.blackberry.com
MAIL FROM:<SRS0=+AiNi2=K5=mydomain.net=user at srs.bis6.us.blackberry.com>
SIZE=876
RCPT TO:user at mydomain.net ( mailto:user at mydomain.net )
(smtp07.bis6.us.blackberry.com [74.82.85.7])
     by mscan.asdmonline.net (8.13.6/8.13.6/SuSE Linux 0.8) with ESMTP
id r04EPuc6025687

I have tried whitelisting via Mailwatch:

@srs.bis6.us.blackberry.com     default
*@*.*.us.blackberry.com           default
74.82.85.                                 default

with no success.  I even tried to whitelist in the MailScanner rule
file (spam.whitelist.rules):

mscan:/etc/MailScanner/rules # cat spam.whitelist.rules
# If you are basing a blacklist on this then you can refer to
# a null (empty) sender address with "/^$/" as the address to match.
#
# This is where you can build a Spam WhiteList
# Addresses matching in here, with the value
# "yes" will never be marked as spam.