Allow a trusted sender to send any type of file

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 19:23:11 IST 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM, J Gao <jgao at veecall.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a trusted developer send us binary files from time to time.
> MailScanner always blocked these file so as administrator I have to
> retrieve those files manually.
>
> How can I allow the email with any type of attachment from this
> developer to deliver to the recipient?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gao
> --
>       __
>     _|==|_
>      ('')__/
>  >--(`^^')
>    (`^'^'`)
>    `======'

As Alex stated.

Another way is put them in a file.

For example...

Make certain you have a "rules" directory in your MailScanner
directory, probably already have it.

In MailScanner.conf:Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

You may already have the file in your rules dir (version depending).
If not create it and put something like this into it to help you get
started:

# The purpose of this file is to establish a rule set
# to be used to tell MailScanner if an email should be
# scanned or not.
#
# The question is:
#  "Should an email having this pattern be scanned?"
#
# An answer of yes causes it to be scanned.
# An answer of no  causes it to by pass all scanning.
#
# The line format is "ruleset pattern       answer"
#
# A sample ruleset would look like this:
#   From:     ignore.domain.com         no
#   From:     trusted.email.address     no
#   FromOrTo: default                       yes

From: yourtrustedemailaddress.their.domain            no

--
Robert Lopez