SV: mailscanner + exim release from out queue

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Tue Apr 30 14:04:23 IST 2013

Hi Martin

We do not bounce spam (since we do not deliver it), and we do validate recipients before accepting. However we scan for multiple backend systems. And let's say the system is down or unreachable we can't validate the recipient (since we do it live) and have to accept to be on the safe side.

However even ham generates bounces for a number of reasons. So while we keep the problem to a minimum (about 20-40 mails in the outgoing queue at any time, that can't be bounced/delivered) I do not think its too bad considering we have about 20k mails per day passing through our system (not counting greylisting mta rbl's etc)

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jonas Akrouh Larsen

TechBiz ApS
Laplandsgade 4, 2. sal