Lots of mail on Hold

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Thu Apr 18 21:15:26 IST 2013

There is a problem with MailScanner and the newer versions of perl. I have
been able to correct it by:

# ensure MailScanner works with newer versions of perl
sed -i 's:#!/usr/bin/perl -I:#!/usr/bin/perl -U -I:g' /usr/sbin/MailScanner

In short, add the -U option.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Carlos Raúl Laguna
<carlosla1987 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi aim using mailscanner 4.84.5-4 on ubuntu 12.04.2 an after some check
> MailScanner --lint give no error back, however when i run in debug mode i
> get this
>
> LibClamAV Error: cli_scanhtml: Can't create temporary directory
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp/fileZu9PiO/clamav-dfeb188c6d93ac33695b6db46175629e
> LibClamAV Error: cli_scanhtml: Can't create temporary directory
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp/fileZu9PiO/clamav-0973cd1b961c3f9d0c42a72a271a3579
>
> plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create
> lockfile /var/lib/MailScanner/bayes.mutex: Permission denied
> plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create
> lockfile /var/lib/MailScanner/bayes.mutex: Permission denied
>
> It looks like permission issue but no enteraly shure about that had change
> the user from where runnig clamav without any good outcome
>
> grep -i postfix MailScanner.conf | grep -v ^#
> Run As User = postfix
> Run As Group = postfix
> Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
> Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
> MTA = postfix
>
> Any help here would be really appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Jerry Benton
Mailborder Systems
www.mailborder.com