Postfix 2.10 changes fifo to unix

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 00:36:06 IST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Philip Taffner <
philip.taffner at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

> > I looked at the original master.cf <http://master.cf> from Postfix
> 2.10.0.
> > [root originals]# grep -e qmgr -e pickup master.cf <http://master.cf>
> > pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
> > qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
> > #qmgr     fifo  n       -       n       300     1       oqmgr
>
> Look at (e.g.):
> http://de.postfix.org/ftpmirror/official/postfix-2.10.0.tar.gz
>
> Die master.cf contained in this archive uses unix instead of fifo.
>
> > Are you saying you believe Mailscanner changed the master.cf
> > <http://master.cf>?
> Nope, Postfix changed it's defaults as it is saying in the release notes.

Ahh!  I can confirm what you are stating by looking at the master.cf in the
distribution package.
Apparently the original master.cf I preserved must have come from the
postix that comes with RHEL 6.4.
I replaced it with the newer Postix 2.10.0 but in the process the older
configuration files were apparently preserved.

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator