Postfix 2.10 changes fifo to unix

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 22:11:59 IST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Philip Taffner <
philip.taffner at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just wanted to let you know that I ran into a problem today after
> upgrading to Postfix 2.10.0. In this new version the master.cf has
> changed and unix instead of fifo is used for qmgr and pickup by default
> [0].
>
> After the upgrade I noticed that incoming mails stayed in the incoming
> queue a long time before getting delivered.
>
> I checked the log and MailScanner was complaining:
>
> KickMessage failed as couldn't write to /var/spool/postfix/public/qmgr,
> No such device or address
>
> After changing the qmgr entry back to fifo in master.cf, everything
> works as before.
>
> I think this a MailScanner problem? If it is, probably it needs to be
> fixed in upcoming versions?
>
> [0] First entry:
> http://de.postfix.org/ftpmirror/official/postfix-2.10.0.RELEASE_NOTES
>
> Bye
> Philip

I looked at the original master.cf from Postfix 2.10.0.
[root originals]# grep -e qmgr -e pickup master.cf
pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
#qmgr     fifo  n       -       n       300     1       oqmgr

Are you saying you believe Mailscanner changed the master.cf?

Also I have these:
[root originals]# ls -l /var/spool/postfix/public/
total 0
srw-rw-rw- 1 postfix postfix 0 Apr 17 13:56 cleanup
srw-rw-rw- 1 postfix postfix 0 Apr 17 13:56 flush
prw--w--w- 1 postfix postfix 0 Apr 17 15:10 pickup
prw--w--w- 1 postfix postfix 0 Apr 17 15:10 qmgr
srw-rw-rw- 1 postfix postfix 0 Apr 17 13:56 showq

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator