Bouncing messages with missing From: info

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Apr 16 14:32:04 IST 2013

On 16/04/13 13:58, Raymond Norton wrote:
> As I work with this issue, I see the problem is someone is spoofing one
> of our domains we relay to and we are getting all the bounces. Is there
> any way of dealing with this, or do we just have to deal with the
> bounced messages?

You'll just have to deal with the bounces for now.   Several ways you
can do that - via the VBounce plug-in in SpamAssassin or by rejecting
all bounces to the domain temporarily if the problem is bad enough.

Going forward - setting up SPF on the domain in question (preferably
with a -all hardfail) can dissuade spammers from spoofing your domains
as it will affect their deliverability.  Same with DKIM and DMARC.

HTH,
Steve.