maillscanner/postfix saturates bandwidth :-(

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Sep 24 22:11:18 IST 2012

Check the exchange server, and if there are any pending outbound monster sized messages in the queue still delete them.  Be sure to notify your users, of course.  Next delete them off the outbound postfix server so you can process normal mail uninpeeded.  Then, as others have suggested, put the 3.5 mb file on a web server or use something like dropbox (or better yet, build yourself a zendto server) and have your user(s) just send a link to the URL instead of sending the mail out  to 2000 folks.

 ...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.