Bug in baruwa mailscanner

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 12:33:05 IST 2012

I am starting to use Baruwa's mailscanner package
mailscanner-4.84.5-2.el6.noarch and I just noticed that spam viruses
weren't being reflected in the spam assassin score (I was expecting an
entry MS_FOUND_SPAMVIRUS 3.00 which wasn't there).

The problem is that the package provides a symbolic link
/etc/mail/spamassassin/spam.assassin.prefs.conf ->
../../MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
to get spamassassin to include the mailscanner specific configuration
options. However this doesn't work as spamassassin only processes files
ending in .pre or .cf so it is ignored, meaning that some options are
omitted including the handling of the spam virus score. Traditional
mailscanner had the link
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf ->
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
which does work.

What is the best way to report this bug (assuming posting to this list
isn't sufficient)?

 	Michael Young