Adding Multiple Signatures

Alex Neuman alex at vidadigital.com.pa
Mon Sep 3 00:47:40 IST 2012

Add the contents of the general signature to each one of the personal
signatures.

Rename inline.sig.txt to uselesscrap.txt,

go to /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/,

for a in *.sig.txt; do cat uselesscrap.txt >> $a; done

Then you can rename uselesscrap.txt back to inline.sig.txt.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Ravenna Ita <ravennaita at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I would like to add 2 signatures to all outgoing messages.
> >
> > e.g.
> >
> > Personal Signature
> >       +
> > General Signature
> >
> > I have created the rules file
> >
> > From:   paul at domain.com   /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/paul.sig.txt
> > From:   itsupport at domain.com
> > /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/itsupport.sig.txt
> > FromOrTo:   default   /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/inline.sig.txt
> >
> > and MailScanner does add just ONE of the signatures correctly... the
> first
> > one it matches.
> >
> > However, is there a way to get it to add both the name signature AND the
> > default signature?
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> >  paul.sig.txt
> >       +
> > inline.sig.txt
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Hope you can help.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Paully
> > --
>

> Hello Paully,
>
> i am on the same situation with you, needing to add 2 signatures
> could you share the solution in case you have found one
>
> Ravenna Ita

Alex Neuman van der Hans
Reliant Technologies / Vida Digital
http://vidadigital.com.pa/

+507-6781-9505
+507-832-6725
+1-440-253-9789 (USA)

Follow @AlexNeuman on Twitter
http://facebook.com/vidadigital

--- ABOUT THOSE "SAVE THE PLANET, DON'T PRINT THIS GRAPHICS --
Before you include a useless, hypocritical embedded graphic advocating
"saving trees by not printing", you should consider how much electricity
and bandwidth was spent sending that unnecessary graphic. Millions of
e-mails every day with worthless graphics like that make much more of an
environmental impact than the rare occasion someone prints out an e-mail.
In fact, with the cost of paper, ink and power, a lot of people avoid
printing as much as possible not to save the planet, but to save their own
wallets.

-- ABOUT ANY "LEGAL" E-MAIL DISCLAIMERS --

They are not legally binding in most jurisdictions, and are usually
internally inconsistent. Don't waste time, money and bandwidth by including
"legal disclaimers", they are a waste of everyone's time and resources.