Remove headers before MailScanner

Dave Gattis mailscanner at romehosting.com
Tue Oct 23 11:58:07 IST 2012

Let me see if I can explain this properly:

a at hotmail.com sends to b at mydomain1.com.

a rule exists at mydomain1.com to redirect to c at mydomain2.com, therefore

a at hotmail.com arrives safely c at mydomain2.com.

When opening the email, it looks like this:

From: a at hotmail.com
To: b at mydomain1.com

This is exactly what I want and works perfectly in any mail client.

Unfortunately, when you look at the list of messages MailScanner has
processed (using the MailWatch frontend), every message, no matter who
from looks like this:

From: b at mydomain1.com
To: c at mydomain2.com

This renders white/blacklisting useless, and subject lines are the only
clues available for releasing SPAM.  When looking at the raw headers, the
redirect is adding a "Resent-From" header which I believe is overriding
the "From" header.

No matter what is received, MailScanner is basing some of it's decisions
on the "Resent-From" address which lowers the score for all messages.

This is what happens when corporations make poor decisions.
Unfortunately, I am forced to find a workaround for it.

Thanks,
--
Dave Gattis