Maximum Archive Depth causing MailScanner to crash

Paul Welsh paul at welshfamily.com
Thu Oct 11 23:26:09 IST 2012

Hi all

Currently I have MailScanner 4.84.5 .conf set to:
Maximum Archive Depth = 0

However, this means that filename and filetype checks aren't being
done on *.exe files in *.zip files so I changed it to:
Maximum Archive Depth = 3
which I believe is the default.

Unfortunately, this caused MailScanner to crash and restart each time
it came across a *.exe file in a *.zip file.  Instance after instance
of MailScanner started and went defunct in a constant loop.

I tried using:
Archives: Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/archives.filename.rules.conf

I also tried this on its own:
Archives: Deny Filenames = \.exe$

I changed it back to:
Maximum Archive Depth = 0