Malware Tried to Kill MailScanner

Timothy J. Barhorst timb at vwg.com
Thu Oct 11 18:12:00 IST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Scott
Silva
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:40 AM
To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
Subject: Re: Malware Tried to Kill MailScanner

on 10/11/2012 7:06 AM Timothy J. Barhorst spake the following:
> Our Centos 5 - MailScanner 4.84.5-2 server was attacked last night
> with a message that tried to kill MailScanner.
>
> The message contained a .zip file with HTML.Phishing.Pay-6 infection.
>

> Should this have happened? Is this a bug in MailScanner? Why would
> MailScanner crash?

<snip>
>> This happens when the processing takes too long to complete. Sometimes
a deeply nested zip file, or other system >>processing. Usually the
message gets quarantined after the processing attempts have reached the
limit...

O.K. That makes sense.. Thanks.
How do I stop the hourly MailScanner message that is telling me this
happened?
<below>

Archive:

Number of messages: 1
Tries	Message	Last Tried
6	q9B6UwqI024249	Thu Oct 11 02:53:14 2012

--
MailScanner