Reprocessing quarantined messages [Solved, sort of]

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Nov 30 23:29:39 GMT 2012

Back in 2007 someone was having a similar problem.  Steve Freegard posted a note and script which I’m reposting.  I haven’t had need to try it but assume it works fine (Steve’s a sharp guy).  Hopefully it’ll help you as well.

Hi Glenn/Jason,

Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 16/07/07, Jason Gottschalk <Jason at syo.com<mailto:Jason at syo.com>> wrote:

> "Archive of quarantine"? Sounds a bit like you are using MailWatch and

> have store set on the non-spam action... In whiich case this beconmes

> a problem of:

> a) Finding the relevant messages, and

> b) sending them to the recipient.

> If you indeed use MailWatch, then a) is fixed by a simple SQL query...

> All you really need is to construct a file containing all the message

> IDs and possibly all the dates... Heck, why not let the SQL scriptlet

> construct a file of filenames (one/line) with the absolute path to the

> message file (which is in RFC822 format), then simply loop over that

> and use yourMTAs sendmail command (for i in $(cat filenames); do

> sendmail recipient at add.ress<$i<mailto:recipient at add.ress%3c$i>; done) ... Simple as that:-).

> I'm on vacation, so will not be writing that scriptlet for you anytime

> this week... perhaps when I'm back to the grindstone...:-)

I wrote something similar for a customer with a similar problem which is attached.

You will need to edit it and change 'mysql -N mailscanner' to 'mysql -u<username> -p -N mailscanner' where <username> is your MailWatch MySQL user.  It will prompt you for the password when you run it.

It is run like:

resend.sh 2007-06-01 2007-06-16 fsl.com

The first argument is the date from, second is the date to and third is used to match all or part of a destination address (e.g. domain or full e-mail address), it will then find all messages for matching those criteria and resend them from the quarantine.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Steve.

--

Steve Freegard

Development Director

Fort Systems Ltd.

 ...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.