Clamd Read Error

Wed Nov 28 01:46:00 GMT 2012

Hello,

I have come across a problem and from the research I have done this was a
problem when ClamAV 0.96 first came out, but I have not seen any newly
reported issues with it. I have reproduced this error in my lab 100% of the
time. If anyone has some guidance, I would appreciate it.

I have two different systems I am testing:

- The first is running CentOS 5.8 64bit and it DOES NOT encounter this
problem.
- The second is CentOS 6.3 64 bit and it DOES encounter this problem even
after a clean re-install.

*Build:*
- MTA: Postfix mail_version = 2.6.6
- MailScanner: MailScanner-4.84.5-3
-
ClamAV: clamav-0.97.6-1, clamav-db-0.97.6-1, clamav-devel-0.97.6-1,
clamd-0.97.6-1
(from http://pkgs.repoforge.org/clamav/)

*Tests Performed:*
- Send a regular email. Both platforms are ok.
- Send an email with a .pdf file attachment. Both platforms process and
send ok.
- Send an oversized email. (6mb) The CentOS 5.8 system has no problems. It
quarantines the email and logs it correctly. The CentOS 6.3 system cannot
process the email. (Will post --lint below.)

*Notes: *
- Both systems are running identical versions of ClamAV (the latest) from
http://pkgs.repoforge.org/clamav/
- Both are running the same versions of MailScanner
- Both are running the same version of Postfix
- Both are 64bit OS
- Permissions are correct (else the smaller email would not be processed)
- Once the CentOS 6.3 system gets this email, it is hung and will not
process any further email until I clear it.
- If I delete the email from the postfix queue and
delete /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/*.db normal processing will resume.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

*MailScanner --lint*
*
*
Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/mailborder.conf
Read 869 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 4846 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Started SQL Logging

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.84.5) is correct.

ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
ERROR: is not correct, it should match X-Mailborder-Mailborder-From

MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
MailScanner setting UID to  (89)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
config: failed to parse line, skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/
mailscanner.cf": use_auto_whitelist 0
SpamAssassin reported an error.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There is 1 message in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./1/lstat() failed: Permission denied.
ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/3820
Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./1.header/Access denied. ERROR ::
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/3820
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 2 infections
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses

If any of your virus scanners (clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
cannot remove directory for /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/3820:
Permission denied at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 205